Followers

Sunday 25 March 2018

The best laid plans.........

Evening Everyone,
Have you All had a good weekend?
I have had a lovely few days away from work, although I haven't quite got as much done as I had planned. Do we ever!!
I have managed a few crafty endeavours, including the birthday card that I am sharing with you tonight, and of course a fabulous class yesterday, so all is not lost.
This was made for one of the children that I know through the garage.

I think that the weather was dry enough on Saturday for the outdoor party that Austin's mum had got planned. A bouncy castle is not something that you can bring inside if it starts to rain lol.
 I used a fabulous grungy birthday background as the focus for my card.
It was designed by Francoise Read for Woodware and has been coloured using Distress Oxides. 
I also used some wonderful Penny Black Stickeroos which I stuck on to white card and then fussy cut. I shaped them with a large embossing tool and then added them to the card using silicon.
The blue background to the card has been created using a leafy embossing folder and some gold gilding wax.
It has been an absolute age since I entered a challenge, but I noticed that Penny Black and More are asking you to 'Feature a Creature' and so I decided that it was about time I remedied that.
This is part of the reason for my crafting inactivity today.
Two sleepy people arrived for a visit after Emma's swimming lesson today.
I offered my bed for them to have a rest in, and it would have been rude not to have taken advantage of a chance to spend some time with them and a get a cuddle as well.
So I am definitely not complaining.
Have a great evening.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx


3 comments:

  1. A super creation with the Lion and Monkey and perfect for a little one, many thanks for joining in with our 'Feature a Creature' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and wild card!
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx