Followers

Thursday 28 December 2017

I hope you All had a very Holly Jolly Christmas

Hello my Crafty Friends.
I hope that you all had a fantastic Christmas, it seems so far away now.
I was at work on the big day, but as I have pointed out to customers I am not totally stupid. We saved more than a few Christmas's for people who found their turkey was still in need of defrosting, or was off and at the end of my shift I got to come home to a dinner that was nearly ready to eat. It's a win win in my book.
I may not have sent any Christmas cards this year, but I still have loads of them that I need to share with you.
We did a class on Zentangle recently. 
Now I have to say that I am not very adventurous with it although I am getting a little better with the aid of the numerous books that I have.
I do think though that even the simplest of patterns can turn a very basic card,
into something really quite special.
We are going to make some non-Christmas cards using this technique in class at the beginning of January.
I seem to have rather a lot of holly stamps, from different manufacturers.
This one uses a Woodware stamp set.
The holly on this one is from a Tim Holtz stencil.
White stamping and embossing and a Hobby Art stamp can look so different,
 depending on what medium you use to colour them in.
 Here I used watercolour Pearlex in silver and white.
This one is a little more traditional in colour.

And this one is a very old Hero Arts stamp which has been used on red card stock.
It is a very solid image which I have used with Sticky Embossing powder, foil and mica powder.
At least I wont have the excuse of not enough cards made next year will I.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx