Followers

Monday 4 December 2017

Following a Sketch

Evening,
Well I just about made it through the day, although I can see a very early night looming lol.
It was my first day back after a weeks holiday. I took time off to help out with the little ones, definitely my sort of holiday....... not a beach in sight.
I do miss my crafty breaks at SirStampalot though, especially as I would have been up there around this time of year. Maybe I will pay them a visit in the New Year.


One of the classes that is always a winner with the Girls is 'Follow a Sketch'.
I'm sure that we all have a box of half finished projects, and sometimes no idea of what we can do with them. I find that when I am going through a creative slump one of the best places to start (as well as Pinterest of course) is with a sketch.

There are lots of sketch blogs out there, including Tuesday Morning Sketches, Freshly Made Sketches, Saturday Sketch and CAS Colours and Sketches, and they all hold a back catalogue of sketches so inspiration is never more than a click away.



These first two cards were made using pieces of 'Bleedin Art Tissue' background which I layered onto some scrap pieces of card using wet or spray glue.

When the sheet of background was completely dry I stamped and embossed my images onto it.
It is better to leave the card at least over night before attempting to stamp and emboss it in order that the embossing powder doesn't stick to the damp glue.
I painted the images with bleach and then a Versamark pen before adding clear or crystal embossing powder.

I always make sure that I take some toppers along to the 'Follow a Sketch' class, just in case.
They are always my go to when time is short and I need a card in a hurry. A topper, some background papers and a sketch and you have a really quick but effective card.
This final card was made in just those circumstances. All bits and pieces from my box pulled together into a card for my Boss's Anniversary later this week.
I had better go off and have a look at all the fabulous entries into my Animal Magic challenge at CCM before I get too tired. I hate having to choose a winner and so I don't want to get too far behind with viewing all of the fantastic entries.
Have a great evening.
Happy Crafting and hugs 
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards and great layouts but then that's what I would expect Kim as you are the master well mistress really Lol! of the Layout. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx