Followers

Monday 13 February 2017

Add some Texture for the challenge at CCM

Afternoon All,
We have a wonderful new challenge over at CCM today, where Maike our host is asking you to Add Some Texture. That can be either embossing, heat or dry, texture paste, fabric, anything you like.
As I became a Great Auntie for the second time last week I decided to make a baby card to send to my niece and family.
I have used an embossing folder to create the textured background to my card.
It was coloured using a combination of Starlights, Sparkle Medium and Gilding Waxes all from Imagination Craft.
This has all helped to highlight the texture of the folder. I also sanded the edge of the card which added even more texture. 
The cute image is a LOTV topper which I fussy cut and layered onto a diecut and embossed oval.
The flowers and leaves were diecut from white card and then coloured using the same Imagination products. In fact all I did was spritz the sponge that I had used for the background with some water which created a nice pale, but matching colour on the diecuts.
The panel across the card was created using a border punch, some ribbon and tiny gems.
The sentiment is from a wonderfully useful set by Altenew Baby Zoo.stamped onto a die cut banner.
Of course I had to make a card for my Sister and her Hubby to congratulate them on the birth of their latest Grandchild.
More textured background, and die cut sentiment,
along with another LOTV topper. 
I hope that you will join us HERE this time, and that you will pop over and show the rest of the DT some love they have created some wonderful projects to inspire you.
Have a great evening. Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx       

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful work here. Love all your work to create the texture for your challenge.
    The last card is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful baby cards. Love the colours textures and the embellishing. Well done!!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Kim. I so love how you've combined all the elements on the first one, perfection. The toppers are lovely and work so well. Happy crafty week, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both these cards are so beautiful Kim. I love the embossed backgrounds and both images are so cute. Thank you for welcoming me to the CCM Team. I am really enjoying the challenges and loving getting to know everyone's work. hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kim. Stunning design. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim, gorgeous card, lovely images and brilliant texture too. Have a great crafty weekend and happy crafting, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim

    Just wanted to say how much I love this card

    I've also the new follower on your blog and look forward to seeing more of your designs

    June/DT Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx