Followers

Thursday 1 December 2016

The Beauty of Autumn

Evening Everyone,
Well I guess the Christmas countdown can officially start seeing as how we are now in December. How scary is that, only another 25 days and we will be drowning in leftovers and wrapping paper.
I really had better get on with writing those cards instead of just thinking about it. It truly is the bit I loathe. Love making cards, hate writing them which is why they are always late arriving!!
Before we become knee deep in those Christmas cards I thought that I would share a couple more of the cards that I made for Hobby Art Jenny and her last TV appearance.
One of my favourite stencils at the moment is this one THS014 Shatter by Tim Holtz.
I taped it on to a sheet of Mixed Media card stock and used a piece of Cut-N-Dry Foam to sponge it with Imagination Starlights.
Once this was dry I used another piece of Cut-N-Dry to burnish through the stencil with a little Sparkle Medium.
I think it creates a beautiful base for the oak leaves from Hobby Art CS145D Oak Tree which I painted with Distress Inks and fussy cut before adding them to the card using Silicon.
This card also uses the same stamp set this time stamped and embossed onto a piece of 'mop up' background from my stash.
The leaves stamped and embossed onto the brown base card have been painted with bleach.
This technique only works on some, not all card, so do try a little bit of bleach in the corner of the card before you go to the trouble of painting all your images only to find out that the bleach doesn't react with your chosen piece.
Looks like the weather has definitely gone beyond an autumnal chill. The frost outside the front door this morning didn't disappear at all, so I think I had better get those thermals out ready for work next week.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx