Followers

Tuesday 13 December 2016

A wonderful trip to London


Evening Everyone,
I hope that you have had a good day despite the grotty weather and the train strike.

We had a wonderful day out in London on Sunday, a belated celebration for my birthday in October.


I wanted to take my little Granddaughter Emma on the London Eye, just as we had taken Megan when she was small,
but I wanted to be able to see all of the lights, hence the delay.

I did fare a little better this time than last where I spent the entire ride sitting on the floor with my eyes closed, whilst Megan had her face pressed against the glass watching the world go by, very slowly. 
Emma was equally as fearless walking round and round the pod entertaining everyone with her oohs and ahhs and cries of 'Mum, Mum, Mum'.

I did manage to stay upright and look outside until we reached a certain height
and then my fear took over and I joined Becki on the seating with my eyes fixed firmly on the floor.
We also visited the Sealife Centre which Emma found equally as exciting.
Considering the miles that we covered, much of which she had to spend in her buggy, Emma was incredibly good.......and very entertaining.
As I said we walked miles, nearly 8 according to my Fitbit,
past treasures that I didn't even know existed.
This memorial to the Battle of Britain was something else,

and so detailed.
I wore my work boots, which are actually very comfortable to walk in, but have steel toe caps so they are very heavy. Maybe that is why my calves still ache so much.
Emma is still talking about all the fishes that she saw and scrolling through all the hundreds of photos that we took. She also slept very well, something I need to do now.
Night night.
Hugs Kimx


1 comment:

  1. One regret I have while in London was NOT going on the wheel. So much to see so little time but I did get to see Mamma Mia live and loved it. Lovely photos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx