Followers

Tuesday 13 September 2016

Time of Mellow Fruitfulness at WoodwareWitterings

Morning,
My turn today at WoodwareWitterings where it is 'Time for Mellow Fruitfulness'
We are left very much to our own devises once we have been given the title. It is up to us to interpret as we see fit.
Now to me it screamed cornfields, and spiders webs and autumn colours.
I used a fabulous Dutch Doobadoo Spiders Web Mask Art
and Decorating Chalks to create my background, before stamping and embossing JGS273 Wheat onto it using Black Versafine ink and clear embossing powder.
To create a darker piece of background for the main body of the card I first tapped a clean Versamark  inkpad over a sheet of Mixed Media card stock and then blended the same colours of Decorating Chalks over it. The ink makes the chalks appear darker and is a great way to create co-ordinating paper to match your chalked images. 
 Once again I got a little carried away and created a second card.
 I'm actually not sure which one I like best lol.
This time I stamped and embossed using Sepia Versafine Ink 
 and added a dry embossed spiders web as my background.
I sponged the embossed panel with the same colours of decorating chalks using a cotton wool ball and added some Gold, Copper and Bronze Gilding Wax. Unfortunately this doesn't show up very well in the photos.
I had several narrow strips left over from trimming my panels so I created a third card with a bit of paper weaving,
some die cut foliage,

and a sentiment.
I hope that you enjoy our challenge this week, thanks for stopping by.
Happy Crafting and Hugs.
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx