Followers

Sunday 28 August 2016

Big Birthdays

Hi All
Wow another week over and I've not found time to blog.
To be honest this really hot weather that we have been experiencing has not suited me at all.
I love that it has been bright, don't get me wrong, but it has been just too hot for me to function once I get home from the lovely air conditioning at work.
There have been times when even that hasn't felt like it was working!
This year is a bit of a milestone year for quite a few people that I know - 1st, 16th, 18th, 21st, 50th and even a few 60's including my own in a couple of months.
Here is a card made for a very special young lady who celebrated her 18th birthday a couple of months ago.
As her name is Hollie I added a few holly leaves and used a berry red colour as her nickname happens to be HollyBerry.
I do love the Large Words and Numbers stamps that Francoise has designed for Woodware.
They make brilliant statement pieces to build a card around, and of course if you paper piece them you get at least 2 for the price of 1. 
As luck would have it I didn't have long to wait to use the 2nd panel as my niece celebrated her 18th birthday earlier this month.
This time I used some zentangled flowers to embellish my paper pieced panel.. 
The leaves are die cut from a sheet of card brayered with Sparkle Medium.
The square background has been die cut using a couple of lovely Sue Wilson dies.
I had better get a move on and make the most of the cool snap that we seem to be experiencing today. The rain is too late to save the hanging baskets that I forgot to water while the family are on holiday, but at least it has cooled things down a little bit.
Have a great evening.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx